Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Helew, 2013

After what was quite possibly the most stressful holiday season in ages, I now face 2013 tired but eager. I realize that I went into 2012 with very little hope and even less preparation, but the year turned out to be far more exciting and wondrous than I could dare to imagine. Looking back, I now realize that despite all of Chinese astrology’s warnings to the contrary, 2012 was a year when many dreams and plans were fulfilled (or at the very least, the seeds for which had been planted, finally). Not a bad year for a dog after all. While I did spend quite a bit of money as predicted, I firmly believe that it was money well spent. As for last last year’s new year resolutions, I am proud to report that I have read at least four books this year (ok so it’s eight short of my resolution but hey still better than previous track record), managed to get enough boob tube time (six seasons of 30 Rock, 2 Broke Girls, Suits and Grimm) and gained an appreciation for Justin Bieber and David Guetta. And! Got to watch NKOTBSB LIVE in concert at MOA Arena with Beefy. To be fair, I did spend half the year without any shows on air so I have no excuse not to have found time for some R and R. I went abroad twice (once for work) and went to Boracay twice. Got a few “I’ve nevers” off my list, learned to cook, seriously looked at new cars, renewed my US visa and learned and taught new things. Finally got all my cavities filled, managed to get down to my ideal weight and maintain a doable regimen for a few months, opened a mutual funds account and developed a healthy saving habit. Most of all, guess you could say I pulled a Rihanna and found love in a hopeless place. And I really was hopeless. But as for the love bit…well I suppose only time will tell. So, moving forward and without further ado, here are my new year resolutions for 2013: 1. listen to a new album every week 2. read a new book every month 3. physical fitness: 5k in 30 mins and learn self-defense/martial art 4. travel at least twice a year 5. find and invest in my own property. My dream house will have/be: a. parking b. an entryway that opens up to living room/dining/foyer (NOT kitchen) c. balcony d. big windows e. two bedrooms f. en suite g. two toilets and baths h. minimum 65sqm. i. Located in the Greenhills/Scout/Timog/New Manila/Eastwood area j. RFO k. affordable at less than 15k per month :D 2012 was an awesome year, the kind I haven't had in a while. Here's to the hope that 2013 will be even better. Cheers!

No comments: